Sunday, March 14, 2010

Foreigners coming to Philippines - Dumbest - Smart People

I been holding this one back. But can't do it anymore. Got to let it out. I am going to have hard time typing from laughing. I know this is going to offend allot of foreigners and Filipina's. So let me start by saying quote " What i am writing about I done also, I am guilty, I learned my lesson the hard way." So if i sound a little cruel, I am talking about myself also when I first started coming here.

Foreigners coming to the Philippines, from all nations and western and eastern Culture's have more opportunity than Pinoy. They have better schools, better jobs, and educated. But I am here to tell you, most of them have to be the dumbest , smart people i know.

Foreigners coming here to meet their new Filipina gf, bride, will get on the forums, they will get on the Internet, they will read advice after advice, warned and warned many times what not to do, and what to watch out for. Dam, if they don't go right ahead and do it anyways.......

I am writing this experience from my own and the 100 of customers who come into my restaurant and who contact me online for information, bookings, and just advice. Its like putting a chocolate in front of a child and telling him not to eat it. He just cant help himself. Well lets start with ::: Please book my engagement party at your restaurant. You are American like me ( yes i am using American as example ) Its for my girl and all her family. I say OK, well now i can give you a great meal, affordable price, I know what to expect. I can tell you what her family will expect from you. I know what you should buy and should not. I will help you to not go way over budget and still have nice time. I know you really like the girl, but i have much experience here so don't allow her friends or family to talk you into something, just let me help you..

OK. thanks so much, I can trust you will help me. So here we go. I give all the prices for a nice budget meal, one a pinoy could be very proud of, lechon, the works. She stops by, talks, then next night a email comes. Remember my place is Native Style decor, with Filipino Foods and Sea foods. We serve all the high class Japanese Agency's here in Cebu. Well she says this is really a special occasion and its a once in lifetime for her, she wants her family to see the beach, and things like that. She said it would not cost much more, and her brothers and family will help with all the arrangements for what she wants... I say ok no problem. Where did she say your engagement party for 30 pax would be. Oh she said Shangrli La was reasonable. LOL. ha ha ha ha ha ha..... So i tell him, no don't do it. They will not tell you the whole story and at the end when the bill comes, you will die. What they will get here will be a great deal for them. Oh ok,

Well anyways i could go on and on, but bottom line, done it anyways. My cost for the whole party was close to 500 USD. He ended up paying 3500 USD. lol ha ha ha. Stoped here crying and just devastated, I had to help him get money from home..... lol.. ha ha ha ha.... I said dont cry, I tried to warn you what was going to happen.....

They will be three to four foreigners per week stop here, and come in with his new girl. WOW he will say. This is so cool, I love this native style, and man you show looks very nice.. I would love to witness this... Then of course here we go, The Filipina girl starts complaining, oh lets go somewhere I know, or she will say foods to long, not good, blah, blah, blah...... Now remember she was probably eating rice and dried fish up until now. ( no offense, truth is truth ) But what will he do, listen and out the door they go. See him next time. So how was your night. Well took her to a big expensive place, she called her two friends, then we went to disco, then to karaoke, i did not enjoy none, she talked and screamed with her friends all night. I as a foreigner wanted to see the culture, but ........ but....... I said don't cry...... I tried to warn you.

*Don't send them money. Ok i wont. Weeks later, oh Philip what am i going to do, i sent 1000 and now i cant contact her.
* She said her neighbor could take on on that tour, he has many friends to help. DON'T DO IT.
Next time, well took us forever to find a boat, thought it was going to sink, i had to buy her 4 cousins almost two cases of red horse, the man on the boat said i owed extra money for the gas. Blah, blah, blah......... don't cry. I told you.....
* She really great, she really is more beautiful then anything i ever seen. She said she never had a computer before. That's so sad, or even a cell phone, oh myyy... I am buying her tomorrow. DON'T DO IT, you only knowed her three days, wait she if shes real.............. Later -----
Sob, sob, sob. I give her the computer and cell phone, she said she was going to show her friends and family. That was 5 days ago... Cant find her..... sob, sob........ lol ha ha h aha....

They are thousands more, but i will save them for the next time i cant take it anymore and need to write about it... I told my friend, you know when you read 100 blogs on the Internet telling you these stories, and you have 3 or 4 expats telling you the stories. Maybe that should be a big red flag, and you should listen... We did not just make all that up.....

Smartest dumb people I ever met. ( I know i used to be one ). Only difference in me was I didn't read the blogs and know anyone here to talk to. So actually i got mine honest.... Some of these guys, dam I don't know what to say.... Thinking with the wrong head.......

Ok disclaimer : They are lots of great and wonderful Filipina girls, who do not,,,,, do like this.
They are lots of foreigners who come here and just use Filipina's and lie to them...
I am only writing my experiences, and what i know and witness in my life and business. Sorry but i don't have the one with the bad foreigner and good Filipina yet... But i know they are out there. So i promise when i experience that one. I will surely write about it also......

P.S. One more, cant leave this one out... Come here on Friday cause his girl did not show up in the airport on Friday. I took him night out. Met the girl on Friday night. DON'T DO IT.....
1 week later live in partner, DON'T DO IT, two weeks later start multi cab business with his life savings, her family is going to run it for him, DON'T DO IT, three months later, I am buying his dinner coz he is broke, the multi cabs are broken, the girl has left him, family is mad at him, wont give back the multi cabs, one actually got conveniently stolen. Oh well..... life goes on.... I should have been born a woman, i would be very rich by now.....

2 comments:

  1. Sad to say all of it is true and just normal here. Yesterday i ried to by a Smart Sim Card and they wanted to charge me 120 PHP. I said it's 40 actually and you are a shame for your country. That's the way how it goes, if someone gives you the advice do not do it. Then simply follow those advices and do not do it or your money will get drained out of your wallet. be smart .!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I found a lot of it funny but for the wrong reasons??? lol..

    Reason being like yourself I have spent a lot of time giving advice to find people happily ignore it with the "i know better" attitude to later request help! Writing blogs is the best way forward just direct them to it ;-) dont waste your breath just say I have been here years and seen people like you many times and no doubt will see many more.. its upto you if you want advice or to lose money.

    ReplyDelete